Working at Tidewater Physical Therapy
Tidewater Physical Therapy employs physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, physical therapy technician’s, administrative personnel, and support staff. We are not currently hiring for any positions. However, if you are interested in applying for a position at Tidewater Physical Therapy, please send your cover letter, resume and proof of licensure (if a skilled professional) to Jennifer Walter at email@example.com. We will notify you as positions become open.
Interning with Tidewater Physical Therapy
Tidewater Physical Therapy provides a program for interns both during the school year and during the summer. Please send your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Walter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify the location at which you would like to apply, the time of year you would like to apply for and your availability.
Do you want to be a PT?
Learn all there is to know about practicing Physical Therapy to see if this is the healthcare field for you!Learn More
Physical Therapy Technician – Chester, MD
The Physical Therapy Technician is responsible for the technical skills encompassing patient care and related tasks under the direction of a Physical Therapist. The Physical Therapy Technician works closely with patients and medical staff to ensure proper testing and use of equipment.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares treatment area for patients by wiping off beds or tables and changing linen
- Assists therapist with the initiation of patient treatment: prepare hot packs, whirlpool, icepacks and gathering equipment such as electrical stimulation, ultrasound, etc.
- Assists therapist with patient care: monitor therapeutic exercise programs and communicate increases of reps and weights per instruction of therapist
- Cleans and sanitizes all therapy equipment as indicated on a daily, weekly or as needed basis
- Monitors linen inventory and storage
- Oversees therapy supplies inventory
- Prepares supply order and fax to administration within the scheduled time frame
- Prepares for and perform quarterly water testing
- Completes janitorial responsibilities as indicated by the office manager
- Provides assistance to office staff when time permits by performing administrative tasks such as obtaining patient intake information, scheduling patients, and answering phones
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations and preventative measures (HIPAA confidentiality etc.)
- Exemplary customer service experience including client relationships and job knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively; ability to critically think
- Knowledge of quality control
- Ability to exercise manual dexterity, control precision, and arm-hand steadiness accurately
- Ability to be empathetic with patients; ability to maintain confidentiality
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and may occasionally be required to lift 50-75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Upload your resume