Working at Tidewater Physical Therapy
Tidewater Physical Therapy employs Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapy technicians, administrative personnel and support staff.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Tidewater Physical Therapy, please send your resume and proof of licensure (if a skilled professional) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interning with Tidewater Physical Therapy
Tidewater Physical Therapy provides a program for interns both during the school year and during the summer. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Specify the location at which you would like to apply, the time of year you would like to apply for and your availability.
Do you want to be a PT?
Learn all there is to know about practicing Physical Therapy to see if this is the healthcare field for you!Learn More
Tidewater Physical Therapy – Physical Therapist
Tidewater Physical Therapy is seeking a committed Physical Therapist to join our practice!
As a Medicare-certified, outpatient rehabilitation agency, we are committed to restoring motion and ensuring that our patients will function at their personal best through skilled treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
- Establish personalized, effective and evidence-based plans of care
- Utilize interventions and goal oriented programs to improve patient’s mobility.
- Motivate patients during treatment in order to help them function optimally
- Promote healthy lifestyles by improving strength, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Consult and practice with other health professionals
- Evaluate, monitor and communicate progress
- Document patient care services and complete required paperwork and billing timely
- Supervision of support staff in the clinical area
- Collaborate with other personnel in developing and implementing physical therapy care plans
- Other duties as required
- Graduation from an approved physical therapy program
- Licensure to practice physical therapy in the State of Maryland and/or Delaware
- Proven work history and clinical expertise as a Physical Therapist
- Highly motivated for busy, outpatient clinic
- Responsible for the supervision of clinical staff up to 2 PTAs
- Current knowledge of Delaware and/ or Maryland physical therapy and Medicare guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Our clinics follow recommended CDC, CMS and State level guidelines for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or a valid exemption is required.
Upload your resume
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant
We are seeking a licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) to work closely with, and under the direction of the Physical Therapist.
- Actively participates in patient care, notifying the supervising Physical Therapist of matters concerning the patient’s condition.
- Follows the Plan of Care established by the Physical Therapist and practices within state practice guidelines.
- Exercises sound judgement, care, professionalism and skill in the performance of duties.
- Instructs and counsels patients effectively in exercises and recovery.
- Identifies patient’s needs and exhibits compassion and caring.
- Conveys potential modifications ensuring patient’s progress, safety and comfort to the Physical Therapist.
- Completes documentation in the EMR to support the delivery of physical therapy services
- PTA, Licensed to practice in the State of Maryland and/or State of Delaware
- Hands on experience with therapeutic exercises, functional training and physical modalities
- Ability to communicate and instruct effectively
- Ability to delegate appropriate support care to non-licensed staff and serve as a resource in their training.
Job Type: Full-time, Excellent work environment.
We adhere to CDC, CMS and local health department guidelines. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required.
Upload your resume
Physical Therapy Tech / Aide
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME POSITION AVAILABLE The Physical Therapy Technician is responsible for the technical skills encompassing patient care and related tasks under the direction of the Physical Therapist. The Physical Therapy Technician works closely with patients and medical staff to ensure proper testing and use of equipment.
Hiring in Maryland and Delaware
COVID-19 considerations: We adhere to CDC, CMS and local health department guidelines. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations and preventative measures (HIPAA confidentiality etc.)
- Exemplary customer service experience including client relationships and job knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively; ability to critically think
- Knowledge of quality control
- Ability to exercise manual dexterity, control precision and arm-hand steadiness accurately
- Ability to be empathetic with patients; ability to maintain confidentiality
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares treatment area for patients by wiping off beds or tables and changing linen
- Assists therapist with initiation of patient treatment: prepare hot packs, whirlpool, icepacks and gathering equipment such as electrical stimulation, ultrasound, etc.
- Assists therapist with patient care: monitor therapeutic exercise programs and communicate increases of reps and weights per instruction of therapist
- Cleans and sanitizes all therapy equipment as indicated on a daily, weekly or as needed basis
- Monitors linen inventory and storage
- Oversees therapy supplies inventory
- Prepares supply order and fax to administration within the scheduled time frame
- Prepares for and perform quarterly water testing
- Completes janitorial responsibilities as indicated by the office manager
- Provides assistance to office staff when time permits by performing administrative tasks such as obtaining patient intake information, scheduling patients, and answering phones
- Performs other duties as assigned
Upload your resume