Reflecting on 2017
“As a patient in 2017, we hope you noticed that we are always listening, improving and supporting our communities and those charitable organizations that are important to the both of us. This year we took a critical look at our organization and decided to make some exciting changes for 2018. The changes we implement are made for the purpose of making it easier for you as a patient. From remembering your appointment time to reducing the amount of paperwork you need to complete, we hope these changes make all aspects of being a Tidewater patient, even more enjoyable. As we wrap up 2017, we’d like to ask one final request. If you believe in what we do, enjoy the patient experience we provide, appreciate our smiling faces, and feel we have the most experienced and skilled professionals, please spread the word by leaving an online review on Google or our Facebook page. Here’s to reflecting on our accomplishments, learning from our mistakes, and moving forward!”
Highlights of 2017
- Celebrated our 33rd year in business as the most widely recognized, highly accredited physical therapy firm, with 16 locations across Delmarva.
- Welcomed Anthony Gipe, PT, DPT , as our new Clinical Director and Senior Physical Therapist at our Chester, Maryland location.
- Welcomed Christoff Krajewski, PT, DPT to our Tidewater family to provide support to our Seaford clinic and other area clinics.
- Reached over 1,500 likes on our Facebook page, which continues to be a great source of information and excitement for our followers!
- Started an Instagram account to tell our story through photos.
- Started a LinkedIn account to connect with professionals in our industry and keep followers informed of professional happenings at Tidewater.
- Sponsored and participated in multiple wellness events throughout Delmarva including: St. Michaels Running Festival, Tri-Tilghman Triathlon, YMCA of the Chesapeake’s Fall Membership Challenge, Mid-Shore Pancreatic Cancer, “PanCan Twilight 5K,” Lower Shore YMCA’s Meets Mud 5K, and The Christopher Bradley Memorial 5K.
- Sponsored over 80 charitable organizations.
- Created a strategic community partnership with the YMCA of the Chesapeake. To kick-off our partnership we donated custom-made Thera-band boards to all of the YMCA locations to include: Easton Family YMCA at Washington, Easton Family YMCA at Peachblossom, St. Michaels Family YMCA, Caroline County Family YMCA, Queen Annes’ County YMCA, Cecil County
- Family YMCA, Dorchester County Family YMCA, Lower Shore Family YMCA, and the Chincoteague Island Family YMCA. Thank you to our participating clinics in St. Michaels, Easton, Centreville, Denton, Cambridge, and Pocomoke.
- Performed an internal audit of our organization to uncover the best solutions for total patient satisfaction.
- Bettered the patient experience by starting a partnership with Rise Up Coffee Roasters enabling us to serve fair trade, organic freshly brewed, local coffee at many of our locations.
- Began offering our Aquatic Therapy program at our Chester location.
- Began a partnership with Club One Fitness to offer Aquatic Therapy onsite at their therapeutic pool.
This year, we really lived our ideal of supporting our communities where we live and work. We sponsored and participated in over 80 charitable organizations and events all around Delmarva! An inclusive list, is outlined below.
- AARP Health Fair-Ocean City
- Academy Craft Show
- Atlantic General Hospital’s 24th Annual Fall Golf Classic
- Autism Delaware
- Bethany-Fenwick Chamber of Commerce
- Cambridge Little League-Super Bowl Fundraiser
- Cape Henlopen Baseball Boosters
- Caroline Chamber of Commerce
- Cheer Community Center
- Cheer Frontier Festival—Georgetown
- Chesapeake College Softball Team
- Christmas in St. Michaels
- Christopher Bradley Memorial 5K
- City of Seaford Nanticoke Festival
- Colonel Richardson High School
- Delmarva Aces
- Don Marvel Memorial Fund
- Downtown Pocomoke Association
- Eastern Shore Dance Academy
- Easton Volunteer Fire Department 25th annual Golf Classic
- Georgetown Middle School Career Fair
- Harrington Senior Center
- Heart of Good Health Fair
- IG Burton Charitable Golf Tournament
- Independent Order of Oddfellows
- Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore
- Kent Island Elementary School 3rd annual Jingle Bell 5K
- Kent Island Running Group
- Komen Maryland Concert for the Cure
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Lewes Chamber of Commerce
- Man Meet Mud Lower Shore YMCA
- Mar-Va Theater Sponsorship
- Max PT Golf Classic
- Mental Health Association of the Eastern Shore
- Mid Shore Pancreatic Cancer Run
- Mid-Atlantic Symphony Orchestra
- Milford Chamber of Commerce
- Milton Little League
- Nicholas Bramble Ironman Foundation
- Ocean City Autumn Home & Condo Show
- Ocean Pines Chamber Business Expo
- Ocean Pines Golf Members Council
- Ocean Pines Shore Progress
- Ocean View Chamber of Commerce
- Parade of Trees-Grotto’s Seaford
- Pickering Creek Audubon Center
- Pleasant Day Festival of Wreaths
- Pocomoke Little League
- Pocomoke Spring Fest
- QAC Map Caregivers Conference
- Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce
- Queens Landing Welcome Neighbor Project
- Raise a Leg 5K
- Rehoboth Beach-Dewey Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Rescue Fire Company-Cambridge
- Salisbury Chamber of Commerce
- Senior Expo Chesapeake College
- Senior Summit Queen Annes’ 4-H Park
- Shore Kids Connection
- Sons of Italy-Ocean City Lodge
- Southern DE Therapeutic Riding
- St. Michaels Community Center
- St. Michaels Little League
- St. Michaels Running Festival
- Talbot Community Connections Senior Summit
- Talbot County Chamber of Commerce
- Talbot County Fair
- Talbot Figure Skating Team
- Talbot Lacrosse
- Talbot Special Riders
- Taste of Cambridge
- Taste of Sposato 5K
- TCR Event Management “Run the Boards Like Rob”
- The Salisbury School
- Thrive Senior Event-Salisbury
- TLA Bull Roast
- Trap Pond Partners
- Tri-Tilghman Triathlon
- University of MD Shore Regional Health Golf Tournament
- Village Improvement Association’s Charity Golf Tournament
- Women’s Club of Milton
- Wye River Upper School
- YMCA First Annual Pro-Am Golf Tournament
- YMCA’s of the Chesapeake Membership Challenge
We have been serving the beautiful shores of Delmarva for 33 wonderful years. Collectively, we have a tremendous amount of experience in the field of physical therapy, and an extremely high level of tenure in our company. This past year we celebrated 780 years of service and collective experience in the physical therapy industry!
Collective Industry Experience:
- 15 employees with 20+ years’ experience
- 6 employees with 15+ years’ experience
- 11 employees with 10+ years’ experience
- 23 employees with 5+ years’ experience.
Our employees are highly committed to supporting the field of physical therapy. This past year, a number of our physical therapists and management members supported the industry by participating in the following leadership and educational roles:
- Advisory Board – Wor-Wic Community College – Physical Therapist Assistant Program
- Advisory Board – Chesapeake Area Consortium for Higher Education – Physical Therapist Assistant Program
- Adjunct Professors – University of Maryland Eastern Shore – Doctor of Physical Therapy
- American Physical Therapy Association (ATPA) Certified Clinical Instructors
- Health Services Advisor – Sussex Technical High School
- Health Care Partner – Delmarva Regional Health Care Mutual Aid Group
New Website: We strive to make the patient experience as streamlined and enjoyable as possible. From discovering what we are all about, to booking your first appointment, we want to make sure our site is responsive, easy to navigate, visually appealing, and contains helpful tools like chat features and bill pay options. Just four short years ago we updated our website, but as the times change, we change with it. Our newly designed website will be up and running in the beginning of 2018. Keep an eye out for updates on our e-news and Facebook page.
New Software: Continuing our mission of providing a streamlined and enjoyable patient experience, we took it upon ourselves to evaluate our current billing, documentation and scheduling systems, as well as the way we benchmark and measure success. We decided to make a change in 2018 to a more efficient, cohesive and comprehensive solution. With this new technological change, we look forward to offering you an easier way to schedule your appointments, fill out paperwork, review our services, and take care of insurance and payment matters.
New Community Partnerships: In 2017 we created key community partnerships that we believed would be a great benefit to our patients and community as a whole, pertaining to health and wellness. In 2018 we aim to continue to build upon those relationships formed in 2017, to yield the most benefit for our community, as well as build new community relationships that may be of benefit to our patients, staff, and health and wellness communities across Delmarva. We strive to continue to support the communities where we live and work in an amplitude of different ways.